What you can achieve
- Create a safe, reliable and controllable production system for meat.
- Co-lead the process(es) for regulatory application (Novel Food Procedure).
- Write, implement and control quality procedures necessary for reaching the company’s goals and/or for future operational activities.
- Lead the process of applying for, and complying with, the relevant quality standards in food and laboratory practices.
- Be actively involved with process design from a quality perspective.
- Bring a food-related perspective / awareness of quality assurance to the company.
- Develop, manage and implement the QA handbook and QC process.
- Work with the process development team to establish procedures and standards.
- Specify quality requirements of raw materials and end products and implement incoming and outgoing goods inspection where needed.
- Actively contribute to the process design team for (food) safe equipment and make the company audit-robust.
- Set up food safety rules and NF application.
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality.
- Communicate externally about quality aspects.
- Set up safety rules (lab, process design)
What we ask
- Master's level degree or above
- Senior experience in QA positions in food and / or pharma
- Audit experience (as a first spokesperson)
- Some level of hygienic design practice skills
- (Basic) biotech or meat technology knowledge is a plus
- Novel Food knowledge or experience is helpful (not a must)
- Good numerical skills, understanding of statistics
What you can expect from us
The Mosa Meat team is full of ambitious, international scientists and engineers. We have a shared mission of bringing cultured meat to the market.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Work in a small start-up with an incredibly exciting mission
- Enjoy an enterprising and collaborative environment with a high degree of freedom in your projects
- Combine science with a commercial goal
- Work in the beautiful historical city of Maastricht
- Be entitled to 25 days of paid leave per year
- In addition to your normal remuneration, receive Mosa Meat shares
If you're interested in this role, please apply below and we'll be in touch with you soon.